Rules of conduct for library users
- Any behavior that is disruptive or hinders the use of the library or endangers public safety is prohibited on library property. This includes, but is not limited to, loud or boisterous behavior, verbal or physical harassment, drunkenness, running, fighting, and strong fragrances and body odor.
- Smoking, electronic cigarette devices and use of tobacco is not permitted on library grounds.
- Eating and drinking is limited to that authorized in the Food and Beverage Policy.
- Sleeping and bathing are not permitted anywhere on library property.
- Shoes and shirts must be worn in the library.
- Animals shall not be left unattended on library property and are not permitted on the premises of any library facility, except for those used to aid persons with disabilities.
- Selling products or services and/or soliciting donations are not permitted on library property except as authorized by the Library Director or designee.
- Parents or legal guardians are responsible for the behavior of their children while they are on library property. Children under the age of eight must be attended by a parent or other responsible caregiver in seventh grade or higher at all times while on library property.
- The library is not responsible for personal belongings.
- Bags or other personal belongings should fit within the table and chair space normally allotted to one person.
- The violation of federal or state laws or local ordinances is not permitted on library property. Theft, vandalism, or mutilation of library material or property, are criminal offenses that shall be prosecuted. In this regard, the library reserves the right to inspect any and all library users’ personal belongings, including, but not limited to, bags, purses, briefcases and backpacks.
Persons who refuse to comply with the Rules of Conduct may lose their library privileges. The library reserves the right to remove any person whose behavior is disruptive, is inappropriate for a library environment, or interferes with the use of the library by others.
Approved by the Board of Trustees on June 20, 2018