The Champaign Public Library allows circulating petitions, distributing leaflets and surveying in designated exterior spaces.
- Persons may utilize the designated exterior spaces, as long as they do not block entrances, exits, sidewalks or interfere with customers seeking to access and use the Library, or create unsafe traffic patterns on the Library's sidewalks or parking lots
- Use of the designated exterior space is on a first come, first served basis.
- Soliciting for funds or sales is not allowed on Library property, except for Library sponsored or co-sponsored programs or events.
- The distribution of materials or consumables, with the exception of leaflets or small booklets, is not permitted.
- Persons utilizing the petitioning policy should not approach minors without a parent or legal guardian present. No personal information, including contact information, shall be solicited from minors without a parent or legal guardian present.
- Petitioning is prohibited inside the Library.
Early Voting and Election Day
Circulation and/or distribution of any literature with respect to campaigns for elected office or issues to be placed on a ballot must comply with the Petitioning Policy stated above. During early voting and on Election Day, the Library will adjust the location of the designated exterior space at a distance of 100 feet from the front door of the polling place.
Concerns or complaints during Early Voting or Election Day should be directed to the Champaign County Clerk's office.
Lawn signs with respect to campaigns for elected office or issues to be placed on the ballot are not permitted on Library property.
Reviewed and approved by the Board of Trustees on May 17, 2023