THINKING ABOUT STARTING a business? We can help! Our Launch at the Library business services include free workshops, powerful online tools, and one-on-one consultations for starting and growing your business. We can assist with creating a business plan, marketing your business, or even finding customers
• Sep 7, VIRTUAL: Getting Started on Canva, 2 pm*
• Sep 14, SBDC Office Hours, drop in 12–3 pm · Launch Business Center
• Sep 14, Unlocking Entrepreneurship Opportunities for Immigrants, 7 pm*
• Sep 19, VIRTUAL: Advertising on Facebook, 10 am*
• Sep 19, Nonprofit Board Match Expo, 5:30–7:30 pm
• Sep 26, Navigating Entrepreneurship, 7 pm
• Oct 10, Building Endowments 101, 1 pm
• Oct 12, VIRTUAL: Audience Identification & Marketing Plans, 10 am*
• Oct 12, SBDC Office Hours, drop in 12–3 pm · Launch Business Center
• Oct 24, VIRTUAL: Holiday Marketing, 2 pm*
• Oct 24, Bring Your Social Media In-house & Make It Thrive, 7 pm
• Nov 7, Building Endowments 201, 1 pm
• Nov 8, VIRTUAL: Website Design Basics, 10 am*
• Nov 9, Starting Your Business in Illinois, 10 am*
• Nov 9, SBDC Office Hours, drop in 12–3 pm · Launch Business Center
• Nov 14, Financials for Entrepreneurs, 7 pm
• Nov 30, VIRTUAL: Google Profile & Analytics, 2 pm*
Business Insights: Global – Acquire business intelligence, market share reports, SWOT analyses, and company histories.
City of Champaign Business Portal – Connect with incentive programs, permit applications, and find out how to bid on city projects.
DemographicsNow – Discover demographics, market analysis, and customer spending habits. Create mailing lists and map your results.
Entrepreneurship – Access 700+ model business plans and detailed information on all aspects of starting and operating a business. ;
Foundation Directory Online – Search 140,000+ grantmakers to find funders supporting your individual mission. Available at the library.
Gale Courses – Choose from 375 topics including grant writing and business software. New sessions start every month.
LinkedIn Learning – Offers 16,000 on-demand training courses taught by industry experts.
Mergent Intellect – Obtain industry reports, research companies, and learn about 210 million consumers.
Plan Builder – Use this online planning tool to start, manage, market, and optimize a business or nonprofit.
Reference Solutions – Research companies, competitors, and best customers, including addresses and buying habits of 299 million consumers. Was ReferenceUSA.
Statista – Access data and statistics on more than 80,000 topics across 1,000+ industries.
Launch Business Center – Our walk-in coworking space includes group tables, private alcoves, whiteboards, and an interactive display for meetings and presentations. View 360º photo >>
Schedule your next meeting at the library! Meeting rooms are available free to nonprofit groups and for a fee to profit and non-resident groups. Our beautiful spaces include glass-walled conference rooms and an auditorium that seats up to 120 people. About meeting rooms »
Champaign-based businesses can sign up staff for free library cards. Available for employees who don’t otherwise qualify for a card. Sign up your business »
Need help starting or growing your business? Set up a one-on-one consultation with one of our experts.
Watch business webinars anytime on the library’s YouTube channel.