Teachers & Parents
Teachers, let us make your life easier!
Our children’s librarians offer many services for Champaign teachers. We can:
- Select a basket of books for you to check out — just use the online Teacher Request Form to tell us your topic.
- Present free programs in your classroom. From storytimes to our popular Books-to-Go booktalk visits, there is something for every age.
- Facilitate field trips to the library. Plan a program focused on library skills, research topics, great books, and/or tours.
- Lead you to great resources for popular homework topics.
- Give you free access to professional tools about kids books such as Children’s Literature and NoveList
- Help you find local storytellers for your next event.
Parents, the early reading years are here.
The years between kindergarten and third grade are critical. Getting a firm grasp on reading now leads to later success in school — and life. Let us guide you through encouraging your first grade reader, helping you understand reading levels, or supporting your homeschooling.
Youth Social Story
Would a Social Story help you prepare for a visit? Our Youth Social Story provides an introduction to visiting the Children’s area of the library.
Questions? Ask us.