The library requires that patrons use the internet in a responsible manner that respects other individuals and protects the shared resources of the community.
- Patrons using the internet must comply with all applicable municipal, Illinois, and Federal laws, and all library policies.
- Patrons using the internet must respect the rights, dignity, privacy, and convenience of others.
- Viewing sites that contain pornography, child pornography, are obscene or harmful to minors is prohibited. Parents or guardians are responsible for supervising their minor child‘s use of the Internet at the library.
- Activities that compromise the security, efficiency, or condition of the library’s technology resources are prohibited.
- Access to computers or Internet use may be limited by the library.
- Failure to comply with this policy will result in the loss of Internet or library privileges.
The library reserves the right to determine what sites or use is in violation of these policies and to take the action it considers necessary to promote or obtain acceptable use of the Internet.
The library disclaims any liability or responsibility arising from access to the Internet, to the library’s wireless network, or use of information obtained through the Internet.
- The library is not responsible for the information found on the Internet or its form of presentation.
- The library is not responsible for any damages or charges incurred during use of the Internet in the library.
- The library cannot guarantee that patrons’ equipment will work compatibly with the library’s network.
Reviewed and approved by the Board of Trustees on February 15, 2017