School at Home
Your library can help! You can find amazing resources for school at home in our E-Library—including Scholastic Teachables, BookFlix, ScienceFlix, and TrueFlix. We also offer interactive encyclopedias especially for kids, World Book Online and Scholastic Go!, plus TumbleBooks, TumbleMath, and Hoopla, which includes more than 13,000 ebooks, audiobooks, and graphic novels especially for teens.
Free + Amazing Online Resources
You can access 250,000 ebooks, movies, music, magazines, and many other resources from home via our E-Library.
Book Bundles for Kids + Teens
Let us put together a custom Book Bundle for your reader—just tell us what you’re looking for and we’ll provide recommended reads, ready for pickup via curbside service.
Especially for Kids + Families
School at home help includes:
- Scholastic Teachables – Thousands of printable worksheets and lessons created by classroom teachers for you to use at home (Pre-K–Grade 6)
- BookFlix – 100+ classics like Scaredy Squirrel and The Snowy Day—matched to nonfiction titles. Read the ebook or listen as it’s read aloud. Then read the companion book to learn more about a related topic.
- ScienceFlix – Interactive STEM content including hands-on projects, videos, and lessons on 74 science topics. (Grade 4–9)
- TrueFlix – Social studies and core science curricula with interactive content. (Grade 3–6)
And interactive encyclopedias for reliable, kid-friendly information, plus learning guides, videos and more:
- World Book Online – Interactive encyclopedia; includes Spanish and French versions. (Pre-K–Grade 12)
- Scholastic Go! – Interactive encyclopedia (Grade 4–12)
- TumbleBooks – 1000+ interactive picture books, plus National Geographic videos (K–4)
- TumbleMath – Interactive match picture books, plus lesson plans and thousands of quizzes (K–6)
- Kanopy Kids – Favorite movies including Mo Willems, Sesame Street, and Peanuts
- Hoopla – Ebooks, audiobooks, and graphic novels like Diary of a Wimpy Kid, Garfield, Captain Underpants, Winnie the Pooh, Rick Riordan’s The Lightening Thief, I Survived, and The 39 Clues. Instant access, no waiting.
- Novelist Plus – Reading recommendations and discussion guides
Especially for Teens
- Hoopla – 13,443 ebooks, audiobooks, and graphic novels like The Hunger Games, and other series by Marissa Meyer, Neil Gaiman, and more.
- Peterson’s Test Prep – Test preparation including timed practice tests for SAT, ACT, AP, and PSAT exams, plus help researching colleges, vocational institutes, and scholarships.
- Gale Courses – 375 six-week courses optimized for online learning and taught by college instructors. Topics include Adobe Photoshop, beginning Chinese, and game design. Test prep courses review material covered on SAT, ACT, LSAT, and GED exams, with opportunities for personal feedback and guidance. New sessions start each month.
- Teen Take ’n Make Crafts – Watch craft videos created by the Teen Team anytime on the library’s YouTube channel. Supply kits are available for pickup on Thursdays in TeenSpace at the Main Library.
Other Good Resources Online
- 60 Multicultural & Social Justice Books – For children, young adults, and educators
- Black Lives Matters Instructional Collection – Virtual shelf of 36 books. Click to watch as titles are read aloud.
- Early Science Matters - set up science-rich environments for infants, toddlers and preschoolers
- KidLit at HOME – Storytimes, STEAM activities & crafts, plus writing & drawing tutorials
- Children’s Book Council Publisher Online Resources – Free educational resources, activities, and teacher guides created by publishers
- NASA’s Image & Video Library – Images, videos, and historic recordings
- Hamilton Education Program (EduHam) – History and hip-hop lessons based on “Hamilton”
- The Kid Should See This – Curated videos on STEAM topics
- We Are Teachers – “Big List” of children’s authors reading aloud online
- Storyline Online – Videos by Screen Actor’s Guild members, with music, animation, and activity guides; app available
- TeachingBooks – Author read-alouds, interviews, and more, plus free home kit
- Chambanamoms – 300+ resources to keep kids entertained and learning
Wifi + Internet Access
We are available to answer your questions. You can also schedule a virtual consultation with one of our experts when you Book-a-Librarian.
Kids and families can learn how to sing and sign "Thank You, Thank You!" with Kristin—this video has been viewed more than 560,00 times on our YouTube channel!
Updated September 2, 2021
Every student in Champaign Unit 4 schools qualifies for a free card. It only takes a few minutes to sign up online.
Tell us what you’re looking for and we’ll put together a Book Bundle for your young reader! Get started »
Questions? Ask us.