Get a Library Card
A library card is all you need to borrow loads of free books, movies, CDs, magazines, and lots more.
If you live or own property in the City of Champaign, get a head start with online self-registration. Save the confirmation number and pick up your card within 30 days.
When you come in, show us:
- A photo ID such as a driver’s license or passport
- Verification of your current Champaign address, such as a recent (within the last 3 months) bank statement, bill, apartment lease, paycheck stub, or e-statement on your mobile device.
Cards for kids
- The child or teen (up to age 18) receiving the card and a parent/guardian must both be at the library when the card is issued.
- A parent/guardian’s signature is required to get a card for anyone under the age of 18.
- You can choose to restrict your child from checking out movies rated R (ratings given by the Motion Picture Association of America). You may change your child’s access to R-rated movies at any time.
- You can also set up a starter card that allows just 3 books to check out at a time.
For details, see our Policy on Library Card Registration.
Use your card at local libraries.
You can use your Champaign Public Library card at all public libraries in the Illinois Heartland Library System.
Questions? Ask us.