The Champaign Public Library connects our community with the power of knowledge, the world of culture and ideas, and the joy of reading.
We support the essential role of reading for success in life and work, the need for easy and equal access to lifelong learning, and the value of enriching and inspiring experiences.
- Exceptional service
- Customer convenience
- Responsible stewardship
- Ongoing innovation
- Fostering community
Champaign community members will have:
Information for successful lifelong learning and everyday decisions.
- Our community will have support for schoolwork and lifelong educational endeavors.
- Our community will have the resources to make informed decisions and explore topics of personal interest.
A broad range of resources to engage their imaginations, enrich their lives, and encourage young readers.
- Our community will find a wealth of popular materials in current formats to provide pleasurable reading, viewing, and listening experiences.
- Our community will be inspired by a variety of library programs that inform, enlighten, and entertain.
Inviting spaces for learning, relaxing, and connecting with library resources and each other.
- Our community will have safe, welcoming, comfortable, and well-maintained library spaces and meeting rooms.
Easy access to the online world.
- Our community will have high-speed internet connections to ensure equitable access to the online world.
Approved by the Champaign Public Library Board of Trustees, December 2009
Questions? Ask us.