WE ARE PLEASED to announce the Library is now open for “Grab and Go” service and computer use, in addition to curbside pickup. Read more »
• Main Library: Monday–Saturday, 9–6 pm, and Sunday, 12–6 pm
• Douglass Branch: Monday–Friday, 10–6 pm, and Saturday, 10–4 pm
are available for one hour daily. You are welcome to stop by or you can call ahead for reservations.
Book returns are open at both locations.
Online Events. We continue to offer a full calendar of webinars for job seekers, entrepreneurs, Crafty Adults, and anyone looking to improve their tech skills. Storytimes are broadcast live Monday–Wednesday at 10 am.
Visit our E-Library to enjoy 250,000 ebooks, cool tools like Ancestry, and more!
Many resources are available from home including:
• Read an ebook or e-audiobook using Hoopla and Libby apps
• Research your family tree using Ancestry
• Learn something new by enrolling in one of the instructor-led Gale Courses
• Master a language using Mango tutorials in 70 languages, including ESL
• Start or grow your business with dozens of powerful online tools
• Create a better resume and improve your interviewing skills with JobNow
• Stream movies via Hoopla and Kanopy, including Kanopy Kids
Need a card? Sign up for instant access to our online resources. It only takes a few minutes. Champaign residents can sign up online to get a library card. The new card number works right away, so you can instantly listen to an e-audiobook, build a business plan, stream a movie, or get help with resumes and more, using resources in our E-Library.
We are following guidelines from the Centers for Disease Control, Illinois Department of Public Health, and the Champaign-Urbana Public Health District. Find local and global public health updates here:
CU Public Health District – Facebook
CU Public Health District – Website
City of Champaign | Community Resources
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
State of Illinois
Illinois Department of Public Health
World Health Organization
Updated March 4, 2021
Starting February 1, you can browse books and use the computers. Read more »
It only takes a few minutes to sign up online!
Get your questions answered by library staff via chat, email, or phone. You can also Book-a-Librarian for a virtual consultation.