STARTING MARCH 29, we are expanding hours and services. We will stay open evenings, offer meeting room reservations, and provide seating throughout the Main Library and Douglass Branch. In addition, the FriendShop Bookstore and Launch Business Center are now open. We look forward to welcoming you back!
• Main Library: Monday–Thursday, 9–8 | Friday–Saturday, 9–6 | Sunday, 12–6
• Douglass Branch: Monday–Thursday, 10–8 | Friday, 10–6 | Saturday, 10–4
• FriendShop Bookstore: Wednesday + Saturday, 12–3
No mask, no entry. Visitors are required to wear an appropriate mask, keeping the nose and mouth covered at all times. Note: Bandanas, scarves, crocheted masks, masks with exhalation valves, and shields are not allowed.
Computers are available for 2 hours daily.
Study rooms are available 2 hours daily, for up to 2 people. Reserve a study room »
Meeting rooms are available by reservation, with reduced capacity. You’ll need to speak with a staff member to reserve a room. Call 217/403-2050.
No food allowed.
Curbside pickup is available at both locations. Schedule a pickup »
Returns. Book returns are open at both locations.
Online events. We continue to offer a full calendar of webinars for job seekers, entrepreneurs, crafty adults, and anyone looking to improve their tech skills. Storytimes are broadcast live Monday–Wednesday at 10 am.
FriendShop Bookstore is open Wednesday and Saturday from 12–3 pm.
Visit our E-Library to enjoy 250,000 ebooks and cool tools like Ancestry and Creativebug!
Many resources are available from home including:
• Read an ebook or e-audiobook using Hoopla and Libby apps
• Research your family tree using Ancestry
• Learn something new by enrolling in one of the instructor-led Gale Courses
• Master a language using Mango tutorials in 70 languages, including ESL
• Start or grow your business with dozens of powerful online tools
• Create a better resume and improve your interviewing skills with JobNow
• Stream movies via Hoopla and Kanopy, including Kanopy Kids
Need a card? Sign up for instant access to our online resources. It only takes a few minutes. Champaign residents can sign up online to get a library card. The new card number works right away, so you can instantly listen to an e-audiobook, build a business plan, stream a movie, or get help with resumes and more, using resources in our E-Library.
We are following guidelines from the Centers for Disease Control, Illinois Department of Public Health, and the Champaign-Urbana Public Health District. Find local and global public health updates here:
CU Public Health District – Facebook
CU Public Health District – Website
City of Champaign | Community Resources
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
State of Illinois
Illinois Department of Public Health
World Health Organization
Updated March 31, 2021
Starting March 29, we’ll be open evenings and offer more services. Read more »
It only takes a few minutes to sign up online!
Get your questions answered by library staff via chat, email, or phone. You can also Book-a-Librarian for a virtual consultation.