• Main Library: Monday–Thursday, 9–9 | Friday–Saturday, 9–6 | Sunday, 12–6
• Douglass Branch: Monday–Thursday, 10–8 | Friday, 10–6 | Saturday, 10–4
• FriendShop Bookstore: Wednesday, Friday, and Saturday, 12–3
Study rooms are available for two hours a day. Reserve a study room »
Library Café at the Main Library is open daily! Catering is available for meetings in the Robeson Pavilion. Order catering »
Events. We offer a full calendar of events for job seekers, entrepreneurs, writers, Crafty Adults, and anyone looking to improve their tech skills. We are back to offering in-person events for all ages, including storytimes at both locations.
YouTube. You can watch 400+ library webinars anytime on our YouTube channel, including Money Matter$, Tech Workshops, Crafty Adults, and Writer’s Workshops.
Curbside pickup is available at both locations. Schedule a pickup »
Visit our E-Library to enjoy 250,000 ebooks and cool tools like Ancestry and Creativebug.
Many resources are available from home including:
• Read an ebook or e-audiobook using Hoopla and Libby apps
• Research your family tree using Ancestry
• Learn something new by enrolling in one of 375 instructor-led Gale Courses
• Master a language using Mango tutorials in 70 languages, including ESL
• Start or grow your business with dozens of powerful online tools
• Create a better resume and improve your interviewing skills with JobNow
• Stream movies via Hoopla and Kanopy, including Kanopy Kids
• Take home a Chromebook, hotspot, iPad, or Kindle!
Need a card? Sign up for instant access to our online resources. It only takes a few minutes. Champaign residents can sign up online to get a library card. The new card number works right away, so you can instantly listen to an e-audiobook, stream a movie, build a business plan, or get help with resumes and more, using resources in our E-Library.
We are following guidelines from the Centers for Disease Control, Illinois Department of Public Health, and the Champaign-Urbana Public Health District. Find local and global public health updates here:
CU Public Health District – Facebook
CU Public Health District – Website
City of Champaign | Community Resources
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
State of Illinois Department of Public Health
World Health Organization
Updated June 15, 2022