Both locations will be closed Monday, May 30.
• Main Library: Monday–Thursday, 9–9 | Friday–Saturday, 9–6 | Sunday, 12–6
• Douglass Branch: Monday–Thursday, 10–8 | Friday, 10–6 | Saturday, 10–4
• FriendShop Bookstore: Wednesday, Friday, and Saturday, 12–3
Study rooms are available for two hours a day. Reserve a study room »
Library Café at the Main Library is open daily! Catering is now available for meetings in the Robeson Pavilion. Order catering »
Events. We offer a full calendar of events for job seekers, entrepreneurs, writers, Crafty Adults, and anyone looking to improve their tech skills. Starting in May, enjoy storytimes in person at both locations!
YouTube. You can watch 300+ library webinars anytime on our YouTube channel, including Money Matter$, Tech Workshops, Crafty Adults, and Writer’s Workshops.
Curbside pickup is available at both locations. Schedule a pickup »
Visit our E-Library to enjoy 250,000 ebooks and cool tools like Ancestry and Creativebug.
Many resources are available from home including:
• Read an ebook or e-audiobook using Hoopla and Libby apps
• Research your family tree using Ancestry
• Learn something new by enrolling in one of 375 instructor-led Gale Courses
• Master a language using Mango tutorials in 70 languages, including ESL
• Start or grow your business with dozens of powerful online tools
• Create a better resume and improve your interviewing skills with JobNow
• Stream movies via Hoopla and Kanopy, including Kanopy Kids
• Take home a Chromebook, hotspot, iPad, or Kindle!
Need a card? Sign up for instant access to our online resources. It only takes a few minutes. Champaign residents can sign up online to get a library card. The new card number works right away, so you can instantly listen to an e-audiobook, stream a movie, build a business plan, or get help with resumes and more, using resources in our E-Library.
We are following guidelines from the Centers for Disease Control, Illinois Department of Public Health, and the Champaign-Urbana Public Health District. Find local and global public health updates here:
CU Public Health District – Facebook
CU Public Health District – Website
City of Champaign | Community Resources
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
State of Illinois Department of Public Health
World Health Organization
Updated April 21, 2022