WE’RE OPEN! Masks are required during your visit. The play area for families is open. We look forward to seeing you soon!
• Main Library: Monday–Thursday, 9–9 | Friday–Saturday, 9–6 | Sunday, 12–6
• Douglass Branch: Monday–Thursday, 10–8 | Friday, 10–6 | Saturday, 10–4
• FriendShop Bookstore: Wednesday + Saturday, 12–3
Library Café is open daily at the Main Library, with outdoor seating on the patio. Starting October 4, the café will close each evening at 5:30 pm.
Visitors 15 and under need to be to be accompanied by an adult.
Masks are required during your visit.
Study rooms are available. Reserve a study room »
Meeting rooms are available at both locations. You’ll need to speak with a staff member to reserve a room. Call 217/403-2000, option 5.
Events. We offer a full calendar of events for job seekers, entrepreneurs, writers, crafty adults, and anyone looking to improve their tech skills. Events for adults are presented as live webinars, so sign up to get the Zoom link. Storytimes are broadcast live Monday–Wednesday at 10 am on the library’s Facebook page.
YouTube. You can watch 130+ library webinars anytime on our YouTube channel, including Money Matter$, Tech Workshops, Crafty Adults, and Writer’s Workshops.
Curbside pickup is available at both locations. Schedule a pickup »
Visit our E-Library to enjoy 250,000 ebooks and cool tools like Ancestry and Creativebug.
Many resources are available from home including:
• Read an ebook or e-audiobook using Hoopla and Libby apps
• Research your family tree using Ancestry
• Learn something new by enrolling in one of 375 instructor-led Gale Courses
• Master a language using Mango tutorials in 70 languages, including ESL
• Start or grow your business with dozens of powerful online tools
• Create a better resume and improve your interviewing skills with JobNow
• Stream movies via Hoopla and Kanopy, including Kanopy Kids
• Take home a Chromebook, hotspot, iPad, or Kindle!
Need a card? Sign up for instant access to our online resources. It only takes a few minutes. Champaign residents can sign up online to get a library card. The new card number works right away, so you can instantly listen to an e-audiobook, build a business plan, stream a movie, or get help with resumes and more, using resources in our E-Library.
We are following guidelines from the Centers for Disease Control, Illinois Department of Public Health, and the Champaign-Urbana Public Health District. Find local and global public health updates here:
CU Public Health District – Facebook
CU Public Health District – Website
City of Champaign | Community Resources
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
State of Illinois
Illinois Department of Public Health
World Health Organization
Updated September 20, 2021