- TumbleBooks are animated, talking picture books.
- TumbleBooks are created by adding animation, sound, music and narration to produce an electronic picture book.
- TumbleBook Library also includes National Geographic videos and games.
- Grades K–6.
- Can stream books from a computer or tablet device.
- Instructions and navigation available in English, Spanish, or French.
- Available to Champaign Public Library cardholders. Library Card Not Required.
- Use TumbleBooks
Will it work with my device?
Works with Mac and Windows computers, Android, iOS, Kindle tablets, and Barnes & Noble Nook Color and Nook Tablets through website.
*Please note that for mobile device users (iPad, iPhone, and Android) or any device that does not support Flash, Tumblebooks should automatically redirect you to a "iPad & Mobile Device" site when you log in. However if you are not automatically redirected, choose "Mobile" from the drop down menu at the top right corner and click "Go".
- Navigate to the TumbleBooks website. You may need to enter your Champaign Library card number and pin number.
- Select from the topical areas; Story Books, Read Alongs, Nonfiction, Videos, Language Learning, Playlists, Puzzles and Games.
- Find a title and select Read Online or Play Video
- The book should open in a new tab on your web browser.
- The book will begin to play.
- You can use the navigation buttons to fast forward, rewind, or pause the book.
- When the book is finished, you can close the tab and browse for another title.
Need help? Take a look at TumbleBooks Help.
Still not working right? Contact TumbleBooks.
Book-a-Librarian for One-on-One Help
Customers can get free assistance with a variety of technology-related questions through our Book-a-Librarian services. Our experts will meet with you for 30 to 60 minutes of personalized help with downloading ebooks, audiobooks, magazines, and other digital services. Call 217/403-2070 or fill out the online form to request an appointment.
Questions? Ask us.