Both locations will be closed Monday, July 4.
Want to win free books and other prizes? Sign up for one of our Reading Challenges!
You can sign up online or at the library. The Beanstack app makes it easy to track your reading. Have you already participated in a reading challenge? No need to sign up again. Just log into your Beanstack account and select a new challenge.
May 15–August 15, 2022
Sign up to be part of the all-ages Summer Reading Challenge! Everyone can read to win prizes—including books, rainbow walking springs for kids, cool tumblers for teens, and gift baskets for adults (up to $375 value!) with swag from local businesses. Sign up »
For details, including prizes:
• Summer Reading Challenge for Kids »
• Summer Reading Challenge for Teens »
• Summer Reading Challenge for Adults »
Sign up for the 1000 Books Before Kindergarten Reading Challenge and enjoy reading 1000 books with your little one!
HOW IT WORKS
Read 1000 books with your child from birth to age 5.
• Log each book, or you can scan the book’s ISBN code.
• If you read a few books at a time, you can enter those at once.
• For every 100 books you log, you’ll earn a badge on Beanstack and a prize sticker to pick up at your next library visit.
• When you finish 1000 books, come back with your child to choose a free book!
Repeat readings of books are counted.
Looking for reading ideas? Ask us.
Check out our Early Childhood Resources.
The 1000 Books Foundation is a national organization dedicated to promoting reading to newborns, infants, and toddlers and encouraging parent and child bonding through reading.