Need a quiet place to study or work with friends? Our study rooms are a great option.
About the study rooms
- The Main Library has 2 study rooms on the first floor and 3 on the second floor.
- Rooms are free and open to all ages.
- For use by 1 to 6 people per room.
- Limit of 2 hours reserved per day for groups or individuals
- Staff can extend reservation in 1-hour increments if no one is waiting.
- Beverages with lids are okay in study rooms; no food, please.
- Each room has a whiteboard with whiteboard markers and eraser.
- Our study rooms are in high demand so please arrive on time for your reservation.
How to sign up for a study room
- Sign up online using our online reservation system.
- Our study rooms are in high demand, so please arrive on-time for your reservation.
- Reservation is considered forfeit 15 minutes after start time.
About the collaboration tables
- Rooms are equipped with D-Shaped media:scape collaborative tables with two 32" monitors attached
- At the center of each table is a media well with 6 power outlets as well as 6 pucks (Personal User Control Key) that allow you to connect your device to one or both of the monitors
- Each table offers three HDMI pucks and one each Display Port, Mini DisplayPort (Apple), and VGA
How to use the media:scape tables
Make sure the table is on
The power button is located on the media well at the center of the table. If the light is Green the table is active, if it is white press the power button and the table will activate.
Connect your device
Laptops, tablets, and other devices can be connected to the media:scape tables using any of the provided pucks; A connection diagram can be found on the inside flap of the media well. Our staff are happy to assist at any time.
- Connect the puck to your laptop.
- The puck should light up with the numbers 1 and 2 as well as the word "Off" in the center.
- Share what's on your laptop or device by pressing the number that corresponds with the screen you'd like to use. You can present to one or both screens at the same time.
- To disconnect your device, press the off button and disconnect the puck.
- the table is powered on
- your device is powered on
- the puck is properly plugged into your device
- at least one of the monitor icons on your puck has been pressed and is green
Still no image? Check your laptop display settings and make sure it's either set to "duplicate display" or "projector only" or "mirroring" as some laptops may not automatically adjust these settings.
You may need to reduce your screen resolution in order for your computer to display correctly. If you encounter issues, please follow these steps:
- In the display settings for your computer, set the resolution to 1366 x 768 or lower.
- If you're using a MAC you may need to set the resolution to 1280 x 720
- Try adjusting the refresh rate to 60hz
Questions? Ask Us.