Learn the basics of good grammar and copyediting from an experienced editor that has edited trade and college texts for over ten years.
About the instructors:
For 10 years, Dane Torbeck has worked with authors and publishers to perfect their texts and hone their voices, providing comprehensive editorial feedback as they prepare their manuscripts for publishing. The breadth of his experience spans trade, academia, professional, technical, and reference books for individual authors and international publishing powerhouses.
Lori Martinsek works with authors and publishers on a daily basis to prepare manuscripts for print. She guides authors through the editorial, design, and production stages to ready their titles for printing. During the past 35 years, she has worked with leading trade, reference, and educational publishers as a service provider to develop titles for print and electronic distribution. Her teaching background and love of books have guided her efforts.
Writer's Workshop, Spring Series 2020
Series events meet on Wednesdays from 6:30–8 pm
• Feb 19, Where to Begin – Molly MacRae, 6:30 pm
• Mar 4, Creative Writing – Jim O’Brien, 6:30 pm
• Mar 18, Character Development – Ekta Garg, 6:30 pm - Cancelled
• Mar 22, Celebrating Women Writers, 2–4 pm - Cancelled
• Apr 1, Copyediting 101 – Dane Torbeck and Lori Martinsek, 6:30 pm -Cancelled
• Apr 15, Finishing Your Story – Jason Nafziger, 6:30 pm
• Apr 29, Short Story Contest Awards Ceremony & Reading, 7 pm
Interested in the Short Story Contest? Find story criteria, how to submit your story, and prize information at champaign.org/short-story
*Participants do not need to attend classes to enter story competition.
Registration is closed.