Students in grades 3 to 5 can celebrate Black History Month by challenging their book knowledge in our 18th annual Battle of the Books.
Find copies of the required books at the Douglass Branch and Main Library. Every participant will receive a prize book. Teams can have up to 12 students. Contact your school to see if they are organizing a team. Register your team by February 1st; email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 217/403-2090. Teams will be assigned to the morning (11 am) or afternoon (1:30 pm) battle when registering. Leading teams from the playoffs will advance to the 3 pm finals. Click to see the list of Battle books: In the library catalog or as a printer-friendly pdf.
FAMILY FUN! | SPRING 2023
• Jan 3, School's Out! BIG Games Play Day, 1 pm
• Jan 28, Homeschool Fair, 10 am
• Feb 25, Battle of the Books!, 11 am & 1:30 pm; 3 pm
• Mar 16, School's Out! BIG Games Play Day, 1 pm
• Mar 18, Babaloo, Live Music for Kids!, 3 pm
• Mar 25, Out of This World! with Dino O'Dell, 1 pm & 3 pm
• Apr 1, Teddy Bear Hospital, 2 pm
• Apr 22, The Amazing Strong Man, 1 pm & 3 pm
• Apr 26, Family Concert with Eric Litwin | "Because It's All Good!", 10 am & 6:30 pm
• May 27, Juggling Funny Stories, 11 am, 1 pm, & 3 pm
Main Library, Robeson Pavilion Room A & B
The Library is committed to making events accessible for all. To request an accommodation, please complete this form, or contact us by email at email@example.com, by phone at 217/403-2000, or through chat. Learn more about accessibility at the library.