You’re invited! Community groups are welcome to meet at the library.
The library offers a variety of beautiful spaces, for groups of up to 120, as well as free study spaces for groups, up to 5.
We provide use of meeting rooms at no charge for nonprofit and volunteer groups, as long as the person reserving the room is a City of Champaign resident.
Review our Meeting Room Policy and request a room using our online reservation system. We will contact you to finalize your reservation. Rooms may also be reserved at our Administration Office on the third floor, open weekdays from 9 am to 5 pm or at the service desk on the second floor any time during library hours.
Use our online cancellation form to cancel.
About booking a meeting room
- Groups may have up to 12 reservations in place at a time.
- Reservations can be made up to a year in advance, but no less than 48 hours before the event, so that we can plan for setup.
- Please complete payment for your reservation no later than 48 hours before your meeting.
- Please leave the room clean and in good condition. If excessive cleanup or any damage repair is required after your meeting, you will be charged $60 per hour (minimum charge $25), or the actual cost of the repair.
About using our meeting rooms
- Wifi, a projector and HDMI or VGA/Audio cable are available in all our meeting rooms. Please bring your own laptop with an HDMI or VGA port or adapter.
- To play a Blu-ray or DVD, please bring a laptop equipped with a player.
- Microphone and sound system are available in Robeson Pavilion Rooms A&B only.
- Light refreshments may be served in the Robeson Pavilion rooms on the first floor, and in the meeting rooms at the Douglass Branch. Please refer to the Meeting Room Policy for details. Food is not allowed in the Friends and Busey Bank Conference Rooms, on the second floor of the Main Library.
- Please help us keep the library looking neat and clean. We ask that your group keep all tables and chairs inside the room you are using. Signs may not be placed in the lobby or anywhere outside your room. To display items, you may wish to bring floor easels. Do not attach anything to the walls, doors or chair rail.
- You are responsible for the room during your entire reserved time. If you leave early, please notify staff, so we can secure the room.
Catering for your meeting
The Library Café can provide coffee, tea, and treats for your event in any of the library’s Robeson Pavilion meeting rooms. Contact us to discuss your order at 217/403-5375 or email@example.com at least 24 hours ahead.
Meeting Room Policy
Reserve a Room Online
Cancel a Reservation
1st floor meeting rooms:
2nd floor meeting rooms:
Questions? Ask us.