Cloud Library basics
- Download ebooks and audiobooks.
- Check out items for up to 2 weeks; no overdue fees.
- Return items early from the library catalog or the app.
- Check out up to 5 items at a time, and place up to 7 items on hold.
- Available to Champaign Public Library cardholders.
Will it work with my device?
- Works with Mac and Windows computers through the Cloud Library website.
- Works with Android devices through the Cloud Library app (Google Play Store)
- Works with iPhone, iPad and other iOS devices through the Cloud Library app (Apple iTunes App store).
- Works with Kindle fire tablets through sideloading the Cloud Library app. Instructions available on the Cloud Library website.
- Works with Barnes and Noble Nook tablets through the Cloud Library app (Google Play Store).
*Please note that dedicated Kindle ereaders like the Paperwhite and Touch do not work with Cloud Library. To find compatible services for Kindle ereaders, please check the Find by Device list.
- Create a Cloud Library account by selecting Login at the Cloud Library website.
- Enter your library card number and your four-digit PIN.
- Choose a title and select Borrow.
- Select Download App at the next prompt and install the app for your device.
- Sign in with your library information.
- Go to My Books and select Read or Listen to begin reading or listening to your book.
You can also log in to your account on the library's catalog, browse the Cloud Library list, and check out Cloud Library materials, then use the app to read them. Once you check out Cloud Library materials, they will appear in the My Books page on your app.
Need help getting started? Take a look at Cloud Library's Reading App Instruction guide.
Still not working right? Check out Cloud Library's support page.
Champaign Public Library cardholders can get free assistance with a variety of technology-related questions through our One-on-One program. Our experts will meet with you for half an hour of personalized help with downloading ebooks, audiobooks, magazines and other digital services. Call 217/403-2070 to request an appointment.
Questions? Ask us.