Cards for Businesses or Organizations
To obtain up to three library cards from the Champaign Public Library for your business or organization, please complete these steps:
- Provide a Letter of Authorization from your business or organization, on official letterhead or stationery, signed by an administrative officer.
- Each individual who is authorized to hold a borrower’s card must complete a Registration Form at the library. Up to three cards will be issued per business or organization. The cards will be issued in the individuals’ names. Identification showing name and address is required at the time of registration.
The Letter of Authorization must include the following elements (see a sample Letter of Authorization):
- The names and titles of the individuals who are authorized to hold a library card for the business or organization.
- An acknowledgement that the business or organization is liable and financially responsible for all transactions charged to each library card it has authorized, including, but not limited to, charges for overdue, lost, or damaged materials; and
- The name and title of the administrative officer who has signed the letter.
If your business or organization is located within the corporate limits of the City of Champaign, there is no fee for this service. Otherwise, the standard non-resident fee will be charged, regardless of the number of cards issued.
A Letter of Cancellation is required to void the library cards issued under these regulations.