Cards for Businesses
To get library cards for your business staff, please complete these steps:
- Provide a Letter of Authorization from your business, on official letterhead or stationery, signed by an administrative officer.
- Each individual who is authorized to hold a borrower’s card needs to complete a Registration Form at the library. The cards will be issued in each individual’s name. Identification showing name and address is required at the time of signing up.
The Letter of Authorization needs to include the following elements (see a sample Letter of Authorization):
- The names and titles of the individuals who are authorized to hold a library card for the business.
- An acknowledgement that the business is liable and financially responsible for all transactions charged to each library card it has authorized, including, but not limited to, charges for overdue, lost, or damaged materials; and
- The name and title of the administrative officer who has signed the letter.
If your business is located within the corporate limits of the City of Champaign, there is no fee for this service. Otherwise, the standard non-resident fee will be charged, regardless of the number of cards issued.
A Letter of Cancellation is required to void the library cards issued under these regulations.