WE ARE PLEASED to announce the Library is open for “Grab and Go” service and computer use. We will continue to offer curbside pickup at both locations.
With our region’s positivity rate decreasing, we plan to open the Main Library and Douglass Branch in a way that keeps staff and visitors as safe as possible.
• Main Library: Monday–Saturday, 9–6 pm, and Sunday, 12–6 pm
• Douglass Branch: Monday–Friday, 10–6 pm, and Saturday, 10–4 pm
No mask, no entry. Visitors are required to wear an appropriate mask, keeping the nose and mouth covered at all times. Note: Bandanas, scarves, crocheted masks, masks with exhalation valves, and shields are not allowed.
• Grab + Go service: Enjoy browsing and checking out materials, plus picking up hold items.
• Computers are available for one hour per day. You are welcome to stop by or call ahead for reservations, 217/403-2070 at the Main Library or 217/403-2090 at the Douglass Branch.
• Curbside pickup of hold items, book bundles, and craft kits. Schedule now »
• Visitors ages 15 and under must be accompanied by a parent or other adult (18+).
• Seating will not be available, except at the computers.
• Meeting and study rooms are not currently available.
• Library Café and FriendShop Bookstore are temporarily closed.
• No eating or drinking allowed.
Our E-Library collection includes more than 250,000 items and is always available. We’ve added thousands of titles since March to meet the increased demand for ebooks, e-audiobooks, streaming movies, and more.
We will continue to share updates on the Service Updates web page and on social media.
We look forward to seeing you soon!
Updated February 1, 2021