What Volunteers Do
Help is needed with all kinds of tasks, some simple and some more technical, some helping the public and some behind the scenes.
The CU Volunteer site lists all of our current volunteer needs. Select “Opportunities”, "Advanced Search" and choose “Champaign Public Library.”
Volunteers can be found in most of the library’s departments, at both the Main Library and Douglass Branch. Opportunities include:
- working with patrons, from children to seniors, at special events
- helping computer users at the library
- working with library staff behind the scenes
- helping keep our materials and our buildings in good shape
- working with books, DVDs, and other library materials
When Volunteers Work
We’ll work with you to schedule your volunteering at a time that’s convenient for you. In general, you’ll volunteer sometime during the library’s open hours.