Gifts Providing Income
Charitable Remainder Trust
Under a charitable remainder trust, cash or other assets are transferred into an irrevocable trust which manages the assets and makes payments to you or your beneficiaries, either for life or for a fixed number of years.
- Provides income for beneficiaries during your lifetime and support for the library
- Avoids capital gains on appreciated assets
- Can supplement your retirement income
- Can reduce income taxes if established during your lifetime, or estate taxes if established in your will
Gift of Real Estate
A residence, farm, vacation home, commercial property, or undeveloped land could be the basis of a significant gift to the Champaign Public Library Foundation.
Real estate can be used to make an outright gift or to set up certain types of planned gifts such as charitable remainder trusts. You can also make a gift of your home that allows you to continue to live there throughout your lifetime.
- Provides a charitable deduction
- Avoids capital gains tax on appreciated property
- May reduce estate taxes
- May allow you to make a much more significant gift than you could with other assets
“The library offers lifelong learning opportunities you can’t find anywhere else. It is a unique asset for our community that we want to keep strong, now and in the future. Including the Champaign Public Library Foundation in our estate plans is one way to do this.”
- Phyllis & Kyle Robeson
Contact Donna Pittman, development director, at 217/403–2050 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Give online or mail your gift today to the Champaign Public Library Foundation, 200 W. Green St., Champaign, IL 61820.