Friends are hands-on supporters:
$51,650 for the library
Friends members give their time to sort books and cashier in our FriendShop book store, raising funds that support reading programs and helped build our new library.
At their April 2013 annual meeting, the Friends celebrated $51,650 in gifts over the previous year. Those gifts supported:
- CU Reading, a community-wide reading program
- Choose Civility initiative
- Digital magazine collection
- General collections, eBooks, and teen books
- Summer reading activities for children and teens
- Juneteenth, Family Reading Night, and author Kimberla Lawson Roby at the Douglass Branch Library
- Battle of the Books competition
- In Concert at CPL music series
- Lifelong Learners, refreshments
- Teen events
You Can Help
The Friends need help sorting and pricing books for sale in the FriendShop and online. Cashiers are needed during shop hours. To volunteer or learn more, call the FriendShop at 217/403-5395 or send e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Donate gently used books, audiobooks, CDs, and DVDs
Find out more about what you can donate to the FriendShop.