Borrow Popular eBooks
The library offers free eBooks to use on your smartphone, tablet, or computer. Or borrow a Kindle pre-loaded with dozens of eBooks.
- Find 3M Cloud Library eBooks in the library catalog or the free 3M Cloud Library app.
- To read them, get the free 3M Cloud Library app. It works with most computers and mobile devices.* The app is also a great way to browse, check out, and request 3M eBooks.
- Check out for 2 weeks
- Have up to 5 items checked out and 7 on hold
- Titles are mostly fiction; for nonfiction, use My Media Mall
- For Champaign Public Library cardholders
*Note for Kindle users: Works only with newer Kindle Fire.
- Thousands of popular and classic eBooks, fiction and nonfiction
- Use on your mobile device, eReader, tablet, PC, or Mac (see a list of Overdrive-compatible devices)
- Check out for up to 2 weeks; no overdue fees
- To use, get the free OverDrive Media Console app (from your app store) or free Adobe Digital Editions software (download with your first checkout)
- Borrow a Kindle, pre-loaded with eBooks, for 2 weeks
- Each has dozens of titles in a category — bestsellers, mysteries, urban fiction, nonfiction, teens, children, etc.
- Can be requested
- For Champaign library cardholders
- Encyclopedias; almanacs; reference books on subjects including biography, environment, and multicultural studies.
- Over 100 titles, all in full text. Search one book or the entire collection.
- To log in, type in all 14 digits of your Champaign library card number. (No card? Use this at the library.)
Book Download Websites
These are our other favorite places to download books.
Quick Link to eBooks
Douglass Branch Kindles
Pick up these Kindles at our Douglass Branch Library.