Annual Report 2010-2011
How We Compare to Other Libraries
By a number of measures, the Champaign Public Library is one of the busiest and best public libraries in the country. We use figures reported by public libraries all over the United States, serving communities of comparable size, to see how we are doing.
In fiscal year 2010-2011
- We checked out 3 times more items per capita than the average public library in our population category
- We had 65% more visits per capita than the average public library in our population category
- Our event attendance was nearly twice the average for public libraries in our population category
- We answered nearly twice as many reference questions as the average public library in our population category
- Named a Star Library In 2010, Champaign Public Library earned a 3-star rating from Library Journal magazine for the second year. Only the top 4 percent of public libraries received star ratings. (Note: In November 2011, our library was awarded a 4-star rating.)
- Recognized as a Top 10 & Top 100 Library Hennen American Public Library Ratings scored Champaign Public Library in the top 10 public libraries nationwide in our population category, and in the top 100 of all public libraries.